St. Mary’s Nativity School is a pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 Catholic Elementary School under the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux’s Office of Catholic Schools.
St. Mary’s Nativity School integrates the principles of the Roman Catholic Church while providing an excellent academic education for a life-learning process that meets the needs of this Christ-centered school and challenges each student to reach his/her potential while instilling leadership and advocating justice and respect.
BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, SUCCEED WITH CHRIST
- Instilling a love of God and a respect for all His creations will foster Christ-like attitudes within the school, community, and world.
- Children learn Christ-like attitudes when taught in a spiritual and loving atmosphere.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- An academic and nurturing environment fosters educational growth.
- Children learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for student learning.
- Children must be academically challenged in order to meet the needs of the day and the challenges of tomorrow.
- When parents are involved in the learning process, children perform at a higher level of achievement.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become life-long learners.
- To provide an excellent academic education that challenges the ability of our students.
- To ensure the ongoing spiritual formation of the teachers and students.
SMNS ministers to a large faith community and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national or ethnic origin.